Baby Shower Overview
A typical baby shower lasts about 2-3 hours. As guests arrive, they can be found food and drinks and they mingle. After each of the guests has arrived and had an opportunity to enjoy food and beverage, roughly 30-45 minutes to the shower, the games start. After each, the matches have been played and prizes were given, the guest of honor opens her presents. Subsequently, the cake is served and the celebration ends. As a host, your day might begin with preparing the food to be served at the shower. You need to attempt and prepare as much as you can prior to the shower to avoid the stress of trying to have everything done before your guests arrive. It is a fantastic idea to enlist the help of a couple of friends to place up for the party including decorating the place.
Pre-Planning: One-Two Seconds Ahead of the Shower
Your first job would be to coordinate with all the mommy-to-be on the date of the shower, the guest list, and also the positioning of the bathtub so you can send out baby shower invitations. Here are your first steps to planning an awesome baby shower!
- Set the date. — the very first thing to do is determine a date that works for the guest of honor
- Make a guest list. — a few things to consider are whether the shower will be for just the mother or a couple? shower, all-female, or co-ed, kids or no kids. — once you have a firm date, it is a good idea, especially if the shower is over 2 months away, to send out save-the-dates. Save-the-dates can be sent, emailed, or through digital invitation (such as Evite, Pingg, and Paperless Post). At this moment, you may or may not have selected a place yet, but it is nonetheless a good idea to get the date on everyone’s calendar
- To select a venue. — baby showers are often held at home, while it’s the house of this mommy-to-be or the server, but can also take place at a restaurant, tea house, banquet hall, playground or any other space that can accommodate the celebration
- Order and send invitations. — once your venue is locked down, arrange your invitations and email them to your guests. Consider ordering some invitations which match your baby shower theme or place.
Now that the date is drawing nearer, it’s time to organize the facts of the shower! This is the fun part if you get to choose the food, the games, the motif, and decorations.
Planning the Details: 3-4 Weeks Before the Shower
- Food — when planning the menu, take a cue from the theme of the baby shower and also the time of day. If it’s a tea party, your menu should include dainty finger sandwiches, candies and pastries. When it’s a spa shower, a cold noodle salad and fruit might hit the place. If the shower starts at 11 or guests are most likely anticipating lunch, but if it’s a day shower, snacks and finger foods are ideal. If cooking is not your thing, request your favorite restaurant if they appeal. A cute banner garland goes a long way, but don’t forget to accessorize it with plenty of balloons, newspaper poms, or lanterns. Hang your main decorations where most of the action will occur (for instance, where the presents will be opened) so it makes a fantastic background to the images. Get some table configurations that match the colours and put out some fairly flowers to bring a special touch.
- Games — Baby showers traditionally demand various games, although they’re not strictly essential.
- Prizes — make certain to buy some prizes for the winners of your games to keep things interesting. Depending upon the budget and variety of games intended, you can grab simple yet practical presents such as stationery or kitchen accessories that anyone would discover useful.
- Favors — do not forget to purchase baby shower favors as a parting gift for guests. Favors can range from candy to toys or small keepsakes.
Baby Shower Etiquette FAQs
Listed below are answers to a few commonly asked questions baby shower etiquette:
Couple’s showers or co-ed infant showers are very popular– after all, it is just as important to shower the dad!
Just how long do baby showers last?
A baby shower generally lasts 2-3 hours. Budget about 30-45 minutes at the start for visitors to arrive, nibble on some meals, and mingle with one another prior to the games/entertainment start. Spend another 30-45 minutes of playing games. And the rest of the time with cake and opening presents.
What are the appropriate baby shower gifts?
The mom or dad-to-be usually register at their favorite stores for baby shower gifts, but when in doubt, think about things that the few will need in the first couple of months. Things like diapers, bottles, and plenty of onesies are constantly needed.
Is it ok to throw a shower for your next child?
Sure! It’s absolutely fine to have a “second-time mommy” baby shower. Many mothers opt to get a smaller shower the second time around so make certain that you talk to the guest of honor before planning on throwing one. Click here for elephant baby shower games
What type of games do you play at a baby shower?
Baby shower games frequently function as entertainment and as ice cubes for guests who might not understand one another.
What are some baby shower themes?
A theme can assist in pulling together the look of the shower. In case the guest of honor has a special interest or hobby, like crafts or cooking, you might plan a baby shower around those topics and incorporate them into the invitations, activities, gifts, and decorations. Have a look at our comprehensive collection of popular baby shower themes for more ideas.